Best friends are awesome! Having them in your life is a great way to relieve all the stress and anxiety.
You are able to talk freely and keep no secrets since that’s the person with whom you just ‘click’. Our pain is their pain and our joy is their joy. They provide the best support and have our backs at the time of major life crisis and give shoulder to cry upon. Most importantly you call them your best friend because you completely trust them. You know they’d be there for you at any time just like you would be there.
However there’s some glitch in between. Their changed behavior towards you comes right to your notice. There’s an inner voice that tells you something’s wrong.
Here are 10 signs that help tell you maybe they aren’t as true a friend as they pretend to be. Maybe it was a pretense or whatever but, you need to change your ‘best friend’ asap, bro.
- Wants you to change the way you look or talk and are quite unreasonable about your imperfections.Like, Hello? Last time I checked that’s the way how some sick boyfriend might be.NOT A FRIEND. AND MOST DEFINITELY NOT A BEST FRIEND. You gotta change him/her, immediately.
- Doesn’t bother to patch up if there’s a small tiff. It’s always your job to apologize and save the sinking ship. Honestly I’m very sorry for you if you’ve been there. I can totally empathize.
- Doesn’t defend your name behind your back. Seriously like, what’s the use of even having such a friend who goes off rattling about your imperfections to others the minute you turn your back. You definitely need a replacement asap.
- You get to know what’s going on in their life from someone else’s else and the whole friend-acquaintance circle might be knowing this except for you. Need I say anything more to this?
- Forgets to include you in a group event or outing . Heavy sigh.
- Makes you pay for everything everytime. Uses you just for the need to have a bank that offers a loan. Never mention to split up. Whereas, it might be alright once in a while for a genuine reason, doing it everytime would always annoys the crap out of anyone!
- No more talks. You feel the urge to strike up awkward conversations about weather, Sun, moon, stars galaxy, cause there’s just nothing left to talk about the same interests between you two any more.
- Tries to avoid you. Doesn’t reply to your texts or just a ‘Hi, I’m too busy’ or ttyl.
- Stalling. Whenever you ask about something their remarks would be like ‘I don’t know’ or ‘long story’ which clearly shows their lack of interest. They never feel like going out or have a meet up and usually keep stalling until you forget about it.
- Remembers your presence only in the need for something. They somehow realize you exist only during the time of a crisis like assignment or paper submission or a projects where grouping is absolutely necessary. Or a cover from their parent’s rants.
There are millions of people around you, don’t waste your time on the wrong ones. There’s a 33% chance you find a person having the similar interests as you do. Make sure you find them. Don’t waste the good time of your life by boring it with the people you can’t depend.
Find the ones you can count on. Find the ones who support you and make you grow. Find those who you can be yourself with, instead of those who you need to fake up. It’s perfectly fine to split ways on a good note, and be at a one arm distance.
Good Luck and get rid off the ones who can’t keep your back. ASAP. They’re not worth it.